The Digital Therapeutics Alliance (DTA) is pleased to welcome the following individuals to the DTA Board of Directors:
- Peter Hames, Co-Founder and CEO, Big Health
- Anand Iyer, Chief Strategy Officer, WellDoc
- Pierre Leurent, Founder and CEO, Voluntis
- Eddie Martucci, CEO, Akili Interactive
- Debra Reisenthel, Founding CEO, Board Member, Palo Alto Health Sciences
- Joris Van Dam, Head of Digital Therapeutics, Novartis
- Chris Wasden, Head of HappifyDTx, Happify Health
- Megan Coder, Executive Director, Digital Therapeutics Alliance
“When DTA launched in 2017, the conversation was focused on how digital therapeutics would be defined and work alongside other evidence-based therapies. Through the work of DTA’s Board and members, the conversation has evolved to: ‘How do these products address underserved populations and conditions? What clinical interventions and outcomes are delivered in real world settings? How is value achieved and quantified for patients, clinicians, and payors?’,” shared Megan Coder, DTA’s Executive Director.
Over the last two years, DTA released a series of foundational documents to differentiate digital therapeutics (DTx) from other products on the market and establish a level of rigor all DTx products should achieve. Publications include:
- DTx Definition and Core Principles to which all DTx products should adhere.
- Digital Health Industry Categorization showing how products making higher-risk medical claims must undergo greater levels of clinical evidence and regulatory oversight.
- DTx Industry Code of Ethics that demonstrates DTA member companies’ dedication to developing and bringing DTx products to market in a responsible way.
- Best Practices that products may utilize to demonstrate robust design, evaluation, and delivery of medical interventions.
- DTx Product Claims Categorization that represents the types of claims DTx products make related to specific diseases and disorders.
- Foundational industry report: Digital Therapeutics: Combining Technology and Evidence-based Medicine to Transform Personalized Patient Care
Individuals who are elected by DTA members to the Board of Directors serve two-year terms. In line with DTA’s 2020 priorities, the Alliance will launch two additional Work Groups and appoint Special Advisors to provide guidance related to strategic initiatives.
The Digital Therapeutics Alliance (DTA) is a global non-profit trade association of industry leaders and stakeholders with the mission of broadening the understanding and adoption of digital therapeutics into healthcare. DTA works to enable expanded access to high quality, evidence-based digital therapeutics for patients, clinicians, and payors in order to improve clinical and health economic outcomes. To learn more please visit: www.dtxalliance.org.