Akili Interactive is a leading digital therapeutics company combining scientific and clinical rigor with the ingenuity of the tech industry to reinvent medicine. Akili is pioneering the development of prescription digital treatments with direct therapeutic activity, delivered not through a pill but through a high-quality action video game experience. Akili is advancing a broad pipeline of programs to treat cognitive deficiency and improve symptoms associated with medical conditions across neurology and psychiatry, including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), major depressive disorder (MDD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and various inflammatory diseases. The Company is also developing complementary and integrated clinical monitors and measurement-based care applications. Akili is a founding member of the Digital Therapeutics Alliance.
Recent research publication/features links:
- Anguera JA, et al. Video game training enhances cognitive control in older adults. Nature (2013) 501:97-101.
- Davis NO, Bower J, and Kollins SH. Proof-of-concept study of an at-home, engaging, digital intervention for pediatric ADHD. PLOS One (2018) doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0189749.
- Yerys BE, Bertollo JR. Project EVO: Feasibility and initial efficacy of an interactive digital treatment to improve attention in autism spectrum disorder. Poster presentation.
- Yerys BE, et al. Pilot Study of a Novel Interactive Digital Treatment to Improve Cognitive Control in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Co-occurring ADHD Symptoms. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders (2019) 49:1727-1737. doi.org/10.1007/s10803-018-3856-7.
- Anguera, et al. A pilot study to determine the feasibility of enhancing cognitive abilities in children with sensory processing dysfunction. PLOS One (2017) doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0172616.